Monday, January 24, 2011

My Everyday

 

I’ve started to notice lately that (almost) everyday I can be sure of quite a few things.

  1. The Boy most usually will wake up earlier than I am ready for
  2. Miss Thing, by dinner time, will have informed me approximately 24 times that she is hungry. Some days she even promises to eat her dinner all gone if I will give her something. I think our nanny friend Ms. P would call that a “Pie crust promise. Easily made and easily broken.”
  3. Little Miss will empty out her bottom two drawers at least once a day. That all depends on the length of time she can go unnoticed. Which does vary from day to day. I have to have some things that vary
  4. The Boy will take the opportunity, at some point or another, to employ himself as the self-appointed policeman. Should anyone, excluding himself obviously, be doing something that is against the rules he will “take care of it”
  5. Miss Thing will, most definitely, not want to go to bed. Should bedtime come at 8:00 (school nights) or later (weekend). And she will voice that over, and over, and over, and over…well you get the idea
  6. Little Miss will pull toys/books/whatever else she can find off any shelf she can find
  7. Someone will slime me with something
  8. Someone will want me to assist them to the bathroom, just for company’s sake
  9. A shower, for me, may or may not happen. I’ve learned to live with it
  10. The Boy will require at least one glass of chocolate milk, usually right after school
  11. Miss Thing will provide a “show” where she dances about and periodically bursts into song and will require everyone to watch her while she’s doing it
  12. Little Miss will file verbal complaints against her siblings with holding toys/food/whatever else from her
  13. I will have to kick children out of the kitchen
  14. Children will protest being kicked out of the kitchen
  15. Someone will not like something I’ve made at some point during the day
  16. Someone will come asking me for a missing shoe. Which I usually reply, “I don’t wear them so I don’t know.”
  17. Bedtime does eventually come
  18. Little Miss will require at least one snuggle that will include me, her blanket and sometimes a book
  19. Periodically throughout the day Miss Thing will run up and give my leg a squeeze
  20. The Boy will come to me and kiss my cheek or hand (that’s my favorite) without any warning
  21. I have to remind The Boy, each day, that Little Miss is in fact allowed to play with toys, read books, etc.
  22. Miss Thing will replay “why?” to anything and everything that is said to her. When she doesn’t like the answer she’ll start with “well…” Which is why “well” is now on the list of words I don’t like
  23. I will have to remind one to three people to take care of themselves and not worry what the other person/people are doing
  24. Someone will undoubtedly surprise me with something. Which is what gets me out of bed everyday. At that early hour. Of The Boy’s choosing.

DSC_0304

5 comments:

Jenna said...

love it love it love it.

SuSu said...

I love patterns. I love routine. I love it all.

Toni Marie said...

8 and 16 are also common in our house :)

Brittani said...

love the list!

Mel said...

It's official- you are living my life! Or am I living yours?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails