Saturday, January 22, 2011

She’s Done It

 

Become one of them. In the past few days Little Miss has gone to the dark side. I’m sorry to say. She’s turned into that thing. That thing we call the “terrible two’s”.

She screams. She ignores. She sasses. She cries. She carries on. She is easily offended. She makes messes. She thinks she’s the queen of everything. She gets into everything. She pretends not to understand English. She throws fits. She expects everyone to know what she means when she says taps your arm and says “Mama!” And when you don’t. You. Will. Get. An. Ear full.

Which makes me a little sad. How does this happen exactly? The Boy never did this. He was ornery when he was ornery, happy when he was happy. What you see is what you get with that boy. Miss Thing, on the other hand, started this terrible business at about 18 months (still wonder sometimes if she’s out of it). I suppose I thought my baby, my Little Miss, would slide by. Based on the fact that she is the baby. She is a third. She was the favorite.

But I was wrong. So very wrong.

I’m thinking about starting a club.

060

The “Bring This Back” Club.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh NO! I hate when that day comes...Just remember to look at her a lot when she's asleep, it makes everything else melt away! At least until the next day...

Amy said...

Oh Jenna you make me laugh!

Sorry she has become one of THEM... she's in good company though. I can think of a couple of cousins that are in the same club.

Mel said...

Maybe we should put her and Luke on a deserted island together for a week, to give them a taste of their own medicine. Or would we get in trouble with the law?...

Brittani said...

oh my, so sorry! This too shall pass. Mique and I actually get along really well now, but 6 months ago I was not so sure (so apparrently she was the 18 month variety. Send her to aunt Brittani, I will take her :)

SuSu said...

She is welcome here!

heidi and tom said...

Just wanted to say that I think you're pretty amazing. And I like you.

Langworthy said...

A little bit of hope....my daughter (only girl) was a nightmare from about 18 mos-3yrs. Everyone said, oh just wait until she's a teen. Well, I think she got it all out of her system because she is 16 now and we have had none of the typical teen drama (well, maybe a little bit ;) Amy you are laughing now I'm sure!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails