Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Birthday Rundown

I think the big 7 on the 7th Birthday was quite a success. After his pancakes we sent him off to school. Then we surprised him at snack time with cookies and juice for him and all his classmates. I love seeing him at school. He is in a different zone there and it’s fun to see.

All throughout the day he got lots of birthday wishes, birthday cards (which he has placed ever so carefully on his dresser) and general fun.

DSC_0006DSC_0021

His pizza with 7 pieces of pepperoni. And some other stuff.

DSC_0022

The birthday cake! I went with a baseball glove this year. (And I didn’t give it it’s own photo shoot, where was my head?!) I promise he liked it.

DSC_0026

See?

DSC_0027

All throughout dinner he kept asking about the birthday cake. More specifically the candles on the birthday cake. He would pretend to blow them out and then sign “wait.” I suppose he had an important wish to make.

DSC_0028

Extreme concentration. That’s what this is. After all it’s serious business.

DSC_0029

Blow out the candles and

DSC_0030

Lights out.

DSC_0038DSC_0045DSC_0054DSC_0063DSC_0065

He got lots of fun things. Toy Story was definitely the theme. Which he had no problem with. He was so thrilled with each thing. He is kind of easy to give to in that way (a trait he does NOT get from his father). By the end of the night he was so wound up that when Granny and Pap left they were quite sure he would not settle down go to sleep. But he did. Because that’s what he does. Plays hard and sleeps hard.

DSC_0083 edit

Many I love that kid!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

As do I!

Mel said...

Happy birthday! My big boy turned 7 just before Christmas. Where does the time go? Looks like he had a fabulous day. Love the photo of the two of you, by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails