Friday, January 14, 2011

Reading Jane

Ever since I finished my list I’ve been thinking about it. So much of what is on that list requires a few things to happen. And besides I don’t want to complete all thirty things at once, anyway.

This past week I started on some reading. Of Jane that is.

A long long time ago my parents gave me the BBC version (on VHS of course) of Pride and Prejudice for Christmas. I started watching that very day and was instantly hooked. I decided I needed to read the book. I did, but I will confess it took me a couple of tries to get into the language. Once I finished I was a little hungry for more. It wasn’t long before I had found all six books (some of them took a little digging) and had them read. I’ve taken them with me when I went to college and then when I got married. But I haven’t ready any of them since then. What better time than now? While I’m celebrating thirty.

Having read them all I have definite favorites, and least favorites. So, I decided I needed a plan. I work so much better with plans. Who doesn’t, really?

Here’s my plan. Start with Emma (which I finished yesterday). It’s one I love and will help me get into the zone. Get used to the language and such. Then I’ll read Northanger Abbey, one of her first works and my least favorite. Next will be Mansfield Park (my second least favorite). I guess I have a hard time with cousins marrying cousins. Then will be Persuasion. The last two will be my favorites. Which tie. Sense and Sensibility. Pride and Prejudice. I will confess that I can’t decide which one I’ll read first. We’ll have to see where Jane takes me.

DSC_0245 edit

4 comments:

Amy said...

I should read Jane too.... I've been looking for the latest and greatest thing to read, I probably already have it!

Holly said...

Love the self portrait! I'm totally inspired by your photography AND the fact you have time to read! I was surprised how much I like Persuasion back in the day I read it! And I hear you on your least favs. . .

Ashley Allred said...

LOVE this!

Erin said...

I need to read Jane, too. I miss her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails