Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yahtzee!

The Boy received, for his birthday, a Toy Story 3 Yahtzee Jr. game. I never imagined when I picked it up for a few dollars the hours of entertainment I was to purchase. I can’t say how great this game is. It involves turn taking, identifying matches, counting, and more (of which isn’t coming to me, but I’m sure there is more).

The clip is of The Boy taking his turn. We love that he yells “Yahtzee!” each time he is shaking the dice. He also likes to focus on the character he is trying to roll using the small round markers (that help keep score). Mind over matter, right?

Needless to say we’ve been having lots of game nights lately and the kids love that they have a game to play too. Although I’m starting to realize we’re raising a daughter who likes to win. Each time it’s her turn she makes come comment to “wanting to win,” “needing to win,” etc. We’re working on the good sportsmanship. I’m sure it will come in time.

Meanwhile The Boy cheers for anyone and everyone. Especially when they get a Yahtzee!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like lots of fun!

SuSu said...

Love Yahtzee!

Mary and Dean said...

We have that game too and man is it a hit. Our bigget problem is that Kenzie loves the dice soo much that sometimes she trys to keep them and not let anyone else play. Enjoy. Toy Story 3 memory is also a hit!

Mel said...

What fun! My favourite bit is how he drums his fingers on the table while he is deciding. Too cute :)

Langworthy said...

Adorable!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails