Monday, January 31, 2011

Here’s To You Kansas

Would you like to know what has occupied much of our conversations over the past week?

It is that fact that Saturday was the celebration of the birth of Kansas as a state. 150 years. Not too shabby.

I bet you didn’t know that.

DSC_0413 edit

What’s a birthday without a cake? A Kansas cake at that. Can you see it? It’s in the shape of Kansas.

DSC_0421

Here in this house we go all out. Especially when it comes to a birthday. And a birthday for Kansas? Well, does it get any better?

Because I was short 140 candles we settled for 10. 15 for each candle. I like when things are nice and even.

DSC_0425

Would you like to know some random, and useless, information about Kansas?

Alright I’ll tell you.

State Flower: none other than the Wild Native Sunflower

State Bird: Western Meadowlark

State Tree: Cottonwood Tree

State Animal: American Buffalo

State Song: “Home on the Range”

State Insect: Honeybee

State Reptile: Ornate Box Turtle

State Amphibian: Barred Tiger Salamander

Don’t you feel enlightened?  All you never knew you needed to know about Kansas.

Here’s to another 150 Kansas!

2 comments:

Brittani said...

cool, sounds like you are a true kansasan!

Jenna said...

Now that's devotion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails