This was a funny conversation we had yesterday.
David, in his characteristic way, was teasing Miss Thing. The "tease" was that he kept calling her by my name, "Kimberly." She would respond by saying: "Nooo!" or "Not me!" or "I'm Miss Thing!" (okay, she wouldn't really say "Miss Thing," she would say her name.) Until finally, after being called it again, she said, "No, that's mama!" The teasing stopped at that point as we all laughed in shock. We kept saying it over again and she kept saying that that was my name. Sometimes I've sat and wondered if my children know that I have a name and it's not "mama." This answers that question. But how in the world does she know this? I kept asking her how she knew and she would just laugh and think it was all part of the game.
She is smarter than I give her credit for, I suppose. Not that I don't think she is smart. I think all of my children are nearing genius level. Just the same she spends a great deal of her time (and mine, I might add) in her own little world. The surprise comes in the fact that she is secretly paying attention to, and realizes there is such, another world. The world that the rest of us live in. Not that I expect her to come live with us in this world. But, all the same, it's nice to know that she knows it exists.
3 comments:
They do pay attention to our world even when we don't want them to..."I said no, I said no!" Did I say that?? Really!?!
That's hilarious! I can just see the exasperated look on her face.
This picture of your little girl looks just like you!
Post a Comment