Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!



From the Land of Oz



This year we started the evening off at the church for the trunk-or-treat/chili cook-off. When we first got there kids were running everywhere but I still made them sit down for a picture or two. No one wanted to do this. But I'm the mom and I say we take pictures so that's what we're doing!




The Boy kept hiding his face time after time until all of the sudden he strikes this pose and I couldn't help myself. He played the part of "the scarecrow" in our little ensemble. Aside from the fact that I had to put the costume back on him somewhere close to 24 times before the night was over, he played the part beautifully.



"Glenda, the good witch" was everything a good witch ought to be. Charming, pleasant, fun to be around. Just look at her! Do I really have to say more?



Dorothy, on the other hand, was a bit confused by all the comotion. With kids running every which way she really didn't know how to take it all in.



She just couldn't wrap her head around it.

After a little bit more of the running around we went inside the church for some chili. We left after that so we could go out and make some Halloween visits. Our version of trick-or-treating is somewhat unconventional. We drive from house to house so we can go and visit friends. This year was really fun. They caught on pretty quick that once they said, "trick or treat," someone would put candy in their bucket. After they figured that out everyone was giggles and smiles. Which made it more fun for the parents.



We always end the night at Granny and Pap's house where they each get a few "extra specials." Which they immediately go through and add to their candy buckets. And about thirty seconds after that The Boy is out of his costume for good. We have some cider, visit and relax a bit before heading home. At the end of the day I think Miss Thing says it right, "I like Halloween!"



*Happy 200th post to me!*

6 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Great pics! :)

Amy said...

Glad to see that you got into the spirit of things. Love the pictures!

SuSu said...

Great pictures! Congrats on 200!

Kim said...

Great costumes and Congrats on your 2ooth post!

Ashley Allred said...

i love it! i love the theme. and i'm glad i'm not the only mom in our family that dressed up. Teigen and I were both vampires.

Rachel said...

So cute Kim! I love all your updates. Happy 200th post! That's amazing. You'll love having this history forever. Your children are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails