As of late Miss Thing's latest thing is, "Why?"
I ask her to do something, it's "why?"
I tell her it's time to go, do laundry, clean up, eat dinner, etc., it's "why?"
I answer her question, "what doing?" and she says, "why?"
Needless to say it's driving me crazy. At first I tried to give her honest answers. Then she started getting a little sassy with her, "why's" and I started not being so honest. More than once I've simply answered, "because I'm the mom, that's why!" Something I never thought of myself as ever having to say.
Then this morning when we sat stranded, for an hour, in the Wal Mart parking lot waiting for my father-in-law to come and rescue us I couldn't help but think, "why?" Why was this happening. I had high hopes for my day and that hour shattered all of them. When I thought more about this experience, and the fact that my immediate response was "why," I started thinking about Miss Thing and all of her "why's." Then I started to get annoyed that I am so easily humbled by my children. Annoyed in a good way.
There is a reason for everything. Sometimes we figure it out right away. Other times it takse a while. Then there are times when the answers come gradually, little by little, line upon line.
*Aside from my little humbling "why" experience, today's lesson: when the gas light comes on I have about 5 minutes to fill up the little car with gas.*

1 comment:
Why is she so flipping cute??
Post a Comment