Last night we had a small-little-mini birthday party for David. The day of his birthday he was gone until 6 or so until after of 9 o'clock. Not to mention the fact that he has been sick to varying degrees everyday this week. So with all of that we decided to have a little birthday party for him on Friday. I made homemade pizza and we let the kids have a picnic on the floor of the living room, a big hit. I'm not sure what the big draw is to eating on the floor but they liked it. Then I also made a cake. The only reason he wanted a cake and candles was because he knew the kids loved to help blow out candles. What a dad!

Coconut layered cake. Very scrumptious!

Blowing out candles. He was holding the Little Miss's hands back from grabbing the flames. She is very grabby, that one.

This picture is a little fuzzy and weird, I had it on a night setting because lights were off to blow out the candles. Anyway it is weird but the look on that boy's face is priceless!
* Here is the link for the coconut cake! The only thing I did different was to toast the cocount. Everything is better toasted. *
3 comments:
Oh what fun! That cake looks so yummy! Homemade is the best! Hope David had a great birthday!
You need to post the link to the cake.
Everything is better on the floor don't ya know........Really?
Post a Comment