Today I'm here to share a little bit of the features that The Boy and Little Miss have. Those that are common to those with that extra chromosome. I've read a few similar posts from other blogs I've started to check frequently and it's something that is fun and interesting. And, well, I know I'm a nerd.
Click on any of the pictures to enlarge
Almond shaped eyes. When The Boy was born and there was some question about whether or not he had Down syndrome. This was something that was pointed out more than once. Although we still questioned, especially since my sister also has more almond shaped eyes. Now I realize that is one of those things that make the two of them beautiful to me. Both of them have very blue eyes, which I love. It is also common for people with Down syndrome to have what is called Brushfield spots in their iris. It almost makes their eyes twinkle. Looking closely at their eyes I think Little Miss has a few but I haven't noticed them in The Boys' eyes.
Hands. It is very common for them to have smaller than average hands, which both of them do. Also common is a shorter fifth finger that curves in, to varying degrees. Neither of them have this. Finally a single transverse polymer crease, also known as a Simian crease, is found on their palms. The Boy doesn't have this either, he has two lines. Little Miss, though, has one of each. Which I love.
Right after she was born I had a little bit of time with her before I started having some troubles. During that time I fed her. It was then that I looked at her left hand, saw one line, and knew that she not only looked a lot like her brother but also carried the same number of chromosomes.
Feet. I love their feet. Both of them have a little space between their big toe and the next one. Oddly enough I don't notice this so much until they become more mobile and start baring weight on their feet.
He wasn't playing along quite so well with the photo shoot idea, so please ignore my scratchy 100 year old floors. You get the idea, though, right?
All these seemingly little things are what makes them, them. And, what I think, makes her dang cute!
Even him and his ornery ways, so dang cute!







5 comments:
Great post. I love the pictures, especially the one of Little Miss with her hands up.
They are Delightfully special.
sweet:)
So cute and snap on one hand with two palmar creases and the other with only one. When Luke was born I had some worries, and checked his hands as I knew this was a soft marker. One with 1 crease, one with 2- did that count us in or out?!! Lol! And yay for blue eyes with bruschfield spots too! The paed asked me who had almond eyes in the family. Hello? Me!
They certainly are fabulous features!! I think they are both absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment