
While we were in Texas we went on a little adventure and visited the Dallas Arboretum. We used our friends' GPS system to get there which was an adventure all to itself. I told David I felt like our free agency was being taken away, "turn left here," "stay right and then stay left (that was tricky)." He rolled his eyes at me and told me if we took a different turn it would recalculate and still tell us where to go. Whatever. What happened to just driving around and then stopping at a gas station to ask for directions?
Anyway the arboretum was a lot of fun. It was huge and we didn't even make it through the whole park. We found some fountains for the kids to play in and shockingly enough The Boy was soaked. It was right when they were approaching meltdown status so it came at the perfect time. The flowers were beautiful, of course. And they had lots of little houses, or play structures, for the kids to explore.

I had fun stopping at different spots to take pictures. When we were just about to leave we realized that we had lost David's phone. It had been sitting on the stroller and we had no idea at what point it could have fallen off. He sat down with the kids and I went to look for it. It's not often I get to go on a walk through gardens without kids hanging on me. Although it was a speed walk (I'm sure I looked a little funny to the passersby) and I had my head down looking for the phone. Fortunately our prayers were answered and I found it sitting on the grass.
It took him about two minutes to get this wet. The Boy was in heaven!
She loved it too but didn't get quite as wet. She tends to be a bit more timid in these matters.
Little Miss took a nice snooze while we are walking around. When she woke up I pointed the camera in her direction and this is the face she makes. I'm starting to see a trend with this...
This might have been mine and David's favorite part. We just loved the trees. It was absolutely beautiful!
2 comments:
How pretty. Glad you found his phone, yikes! Glad you had so much fun.
Beautiful
Post a Comment