Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Cake Story

It's been established, I think, that I'm pretty sure I can do most anything.


Last week a friend of mine was having a birthday party for her little girl. I wanted to do something to help. I told her I could make a cake. A fancy one at that. The theme, Hello Kitty. I did a little googling, rolled up my sleeves. This would be no problem.


And it wasn't. It was quite fun, actually. I made a strawberry cake. 15 girls (she's one of the bravest women I know), I knew pink was going to be an automatic win. I filled it with a little strawberry frosting (store bough, I'm not that fancy) mixed with whipped cream to make it a little fluffy. Then I covered it in pink buttercream frosting and then piped Hello Kitty with vanilla frosting. A few jelly beans and black licorice for wiskers and we were done! As soon as I was done panic set it. I had to get the cake out of the house before someone here (a couple of kids who shall remain nameless) set out to destroy it. I took it over to her and it was a big hit. And then breathed a sigh of relief that it was out of my house.

5 comments:

SuSu said...

Great job! I know you can do anything because you are a genius!!

Nicole said...

Game over...Excellent! I love the cake. I have found that decorating cakes is one of my cups of tea... I really like it... that is until I have 3 little boys that all have birthdays within a 1 month period and by the end I am not enjoying it quite so much. You did a fabulous job!!

Racheal said...

Oh I miss your cute face!!! You are beyond talented missy...I tend to lean towrad safeway cakes....My poor kids!

Rachel said...

SOOO cute!

Cristi said...

wow, you rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails