Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tastes Like Home To Me

Every family has recipes that just say "home." Perhaps I shouldn't say every family, I suppose I'm not a member of every family to really know. That's just my guess. If you don't have one, maybe you should find one. Just a suggestion.

For me, though, it's caramel popcorn. With real life air popped popcorn. Just the smell of it makes me feel like I'm 11. I made some today and thought I should share.


I don't want to sound like a tattle-tale but Mom, Amy has never made this!!

The best place to do this is the sink. Just trust me on this one. My mother did it this way and my mother's mother did it this way. Trust me.




Butter and sugar melting together equals heaven!




I usually have to stop at this point to taste test. Then test some more, then some more. Well you get the picture.


I really wish you had a scratch and sniff screen. It would come in really handy right about now. For you, not me the real stuff is sitting right in front of me. I'm only thinking of you.

Now get busy Amy!

2 comments:

Brittani said...

to me caramel corn says, "christmas" thought I could eat it year round. I do not make it often because of the amount I do eat, but I do love it!

SuSu said...

It's the candied popcorn that is my favorite..........I just love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails