We are headed down to Texas to visit with some friends for the long weekend. I've been looking forward to having a break and seeing someplace new. I've never been to Texas. David informed me, though, that I won't be seeing any Longhorns. Kind of bummed about that. Isn't Texas the Longhorn State? Oh well, I feel quite certain I will see lots of other fun things and have lots of other fun adventures. (Most of the time, at least, David also informed me that we might be going to some Boy Scout Museum. Hmmm...)
So I thought I would share a few pictures I've taken (and edited ;) over the past few days.

This makes me happy. They really do like each other!

She has such funny faces. I can't get enough of them, it seems.

We've been taking advantage of the warm weather to go outside and draw on our walkway. She loves this and I love to see what they come up with.

He is the self-appointed-keeper-of-the-chalk. Don't try to take the bucket from him, it isn't pretty. You may have one piece at a time, but no one gets the chalk bucket but him!

Everyone tells me that she has such an "angelic face," I guess I can kind of see it here. My usual reply is something along the lines of "don't let it fool you!" Which now that I type that sounds harsh, but in my defense she has been very sassy and ornery lately. I've been getting a pouty lip along with being told "no!" Which only adds to the drama. Hey girl! A little less drama please!
I think he is trying to get her to look at the camera because he kept saying "cheese" while he was grabbing her face and pointing it my direction. It begs the questions, why aren't you looking at the camera, boy? I guess that falls under "do what I say, not what I do." What a brother!
This used to be outside my front door. I think it is the first year that our Iris's have bloomed. And it seemed like overnight they went from small buds to this. I've learned, though, that they don't bloom very long. I'm glad that I got this before it withered to the sad state that it is now!Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Coming next week a little girls 3rd birthday. Everday, it seems, she asks for something new for her birthday. Today it was apples.
See you then!
5 comments:
have so much fun...I do love the part of Texas I have been and wish I was there too!
Thanks for the fix, since I won't be able to talk to you 10x a day! We really need to get back to reality, so we can continue our lengthy conversations over laundry and dirty kitchens.
Such pretty pictures! You got some great expressions!
I LOVE your pictures, especially the first one, too precious! It makes me want to get a new camera... and take a photography class... and a photo editing class. Aww to heck with it I just need to pack a professional photographer in my diaper bag! (PS what kind of camera do you have??)
The pictures are great.......they are kissable! Hope you had a great weekend........ours was grand and continues to be. I'll be posting pictures soon!
Post a Comment