Friday, October 15, 2010

The World of Orthotics

A few weeks ago, when our Physical Therapist was here for Little Miss, she and I discussed getting her orthotics. I was all for it. I’m all for most things that will benefit and help my children progress. So she measured her feet and fit them for the orthotics. Then I had to go to my pediatrician and ask for a prescription for them. Fortunately we have a great pediatrician (that also saw their dad, there is a little piece of random and useless information for you) that pretty much lets me have whatever I want. If only everyone were that way. So once I gathered everything necessary and our Physical Therapist sent the order off. When we got home from our trip these little babies were waiting for us.

DSC_0439

They are so cute. And pink. And little.

I waited for the Physical Therapist to come back to get them on the first time. She came yesterday. I had to dig through the kids’ closet to find a few pairs of bigger shoes to wear with them. And, oddly enough, found that I don’t have too many size 5 (Amy you want to check your shoe bin?). We may have to fix that…

DSC_0451

They look like her feet are squished but they really aren’t

DSC_0453

I think they look even cuter with shoes on. Please ignore the hideous burnt orange carpet. It’s the playroom, ok?!

I was surprised at how quickly I noticed a change. I don’t know what it is about them but she has started to bend her knees more when moving around the couch. And when walking, holding onto someone or something, she is much more steady and better about lifting knees. While the physical therapist was here she even sat in a crouch position. I was so proud!

DSC_0455

Her next big thing will be the eye doctor. She got a big fat, okay maybe it was just medium sized, refer on her vision screen. I can only imagine how cute she will look with glasses on.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah for Missy! I will go and check my shoe bin when I finish giving E a spelling test.

Mel said...

She's so cute. We don't seem to do the orthotic thing here. Not sure why. Like the pink though :) Love the pics of Little Miss. She looks so much like Miss Thing in the last one!

Brittani said...

Well we all know I am a fan of cute glasses! I am so needing a fix from her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails