Last night we all attended our first Cub Scout Pack Meeting.
Watching The Boy interact with the other boys in his pack was just fun. He wanted to sit on the floor with all the other kids. Stood up for the Pledge of Allegiance with all the other kids. Did the Cub Scout sign during the Pledge with all the other kids.
The older he gets the more of a difference there is between him and his peers. Sometimes I need that reminder that he is just like all the other kids.
It was good for me.
He got his Bobcat award last night as well. Something all cub scouts have to earn. Notice it is pinned on upside down. That’s the rule. Once he does a good turn then we can turn it right side up. I got my first Cub Scout pin too. Upside down just like his. The first of many.
I don’t have any pictures of all the pinning. David made me stand up there. I didn’t realize this would be the case or I would have given Granny a run down of the camera before our five seconds of fame.
Even so, it was a good memory.
Afterwards we rounded out The Birthday with cake and ice cream.
Be good
2 comments:
Awesome! I want to see more pictures of the cake though and the dinner for that matter.
I've got to make you a ribbon for all your mom pins. I wear mine to all scoutung events....I'm so proud of it!
Post a Comment