Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Story of The Missing Tooth


This week The Boy is going under to have some dental work done. It's been a long drawn out process but we're finally making progress. In honor of that I thought it only right and necessary to share a toothy story from our summer.

After The Boy lost is first top tooth it felt like forever before the new tooth grew in. I quickly realized, though, that the tooth coming in was huge compared to his baby teeth. Big tooth coming in takes time. It wasn't too long in the big tooth coming in process that the baby tooth next to it became loose. It was loose for a while before The Boy realized it. Then I noticed that another big tooth was coming in behind it. What a dilemma. His mouth

One day in the summer we were having an adventure, close to home with Aunt Cherie, and I had stopped at the house to grab something. Aunt Cherie stayed in the car with the kids. When I came out I could her her talking to them then all of the sudden, "did you loose your tooth?!" Inspecting the situation, and the mouth, I realized the tooth had fallen out. His mouth was not too bloody so I'm not sure if he pulled/pushed it out or it just fell out. But where was the tooth? There lies the mystery. We looked, as best we could, in the car. Every time we thought we found the tooth only to realize it was a crumb. There are a lot of crumbs in the car. So the tooth was never found. It truly became a missing tooth.

This week he could be loosing a few more. But they'll be taken out, as opposed to falling out of his head. But that is another story for another time.

Be watchful

2 comments:

SuSu said...

Tomorrows the big day right??

Mel said...

I can't wait to show Ben the Boy's tooth story! We are big on loose teeth around here too ;) Although the current top front one is so wiggly it gives me the shivers.... Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails