We've finally made it home. The Boy is doing well. A little woozy, but so are the parents.
This whole ordeal has taken more out of me than I realized. Having him have procedures in the past I figured that this one would not be a big deal. Each one gets easier, right? I suppose I need to finally admit to myself that this is not the case. The price I pay for being the mother. I suppose I'm never done paying on that one.
I'm overcome with gratitude at how well the day has gone. How well The Boy did. Coming out of the anaesthesia he didn't cry or fuss once. I'm so proud of him. He is so very brave. I'm grateful that the girls behaved well for Granny, even if Miss Thing is sending me evil stares for bringing her home and taking her away from said Granny. I'm so grateful to have healthy children.
So for the next two days it's laying low. Lots of movies, clear liquids, soft food and plenty of sleep. I know that last one is just wishful thinking. I mom can dream, can't she?
Be grateful
4 comments:
glad to hear all went well, sad to hear what he, you all had to go through. onward christian soldiers!
He is a trooper. I'll think of you and your boy as I put ALL my furniture, toys, junk back- new carpet today due to dog vomit. Yes, dog vomit.
Dreaming is good!
Here's to lots of sleep!
Post a Comment