Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Got Popcorn?


With school back in full swing that means The Boy has begun scouts again, in real time. Every Thursday he and his dad head off for an hour or so of some serious scouting fun. The Boy. Absolutely. Loves. It. And, I must admit the girls and I have been enjoying the "girl time" (last week we painted nails).

Being that it is September. Being that he is a for real Tiger Scout. (Pictures coming soon. Just as soon as it takes me to sew on all those dang patches. Patches are the bane of my existence.) Being all of that means, to those that have ever lived in, or are now living in, the scouting world that it is popcorn selling time.

For the past three, or four, years David has been involved in scouting. And every September we begin to pray that the month will move quickly. Mainly because of popcorn selling. One year I went to a meeting with him, there was free food involved, as he was the self-appointed "Popcorn Colonel." It begged the question "what does that make me? The Popcorn General?" Then I quickly decided I didn't want that responsibility.

I have to admit I wasn't prepared to have it become such a real part of my life so quickly. But indeed it has. At some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll figure out that my kids aren't getting any smaller. And with that comes big kid stuff. We're in that phase of life. "Stuff." I really need to embrace it. I will. Soon. I promise.

So the purpose of all of this rambling is to give you, oh great family and friends, the opportunity to support The Boy. To support his efforts at "big kid" stuff. To push me off this ledge of "stuff." To give him a chance to earn a marshmallow crossbow. What is a marshmallow crossbow? You ask. Well I don't know. But apparently he may need it. Perhaps I'm the one who needs it.

Click here to see the products available and place an order. The stuff will be shipped to you directly from the popcorn people. Come October 1 chocolate stuff will be available as well. In the upper right corner will either have his name or  "You are supporting no one" But that isn't right. You're supporting The Boy. Click "change" then enter his Scout ID, 7247080. That's right his has his own ID. That's how big and serious this is. Questions? Just ask.

Happy popcorn shopping.

Be supportive ;)

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Welcome to the world of "fun-raising" Popcorn sounds yummy can't wait to get mine.

Amy said...

Just placed my order!

Anonymous said...

Done- bring on the chocolate! Cherie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails