Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sunday Stroll

One evening last week David was out helping one of his scouts on his Eagle Scout project. They were clearing a nature trail that hadn't been kept cleared in years. It was a huge job. On Sunday David took us out there to walk the trail. It looks great, you could tell how much work they put into it. Aside from Miss Thing and her shoe issues the kids had fun getting outside and running around. And aside from the few ticks I pulled off of all of us I didn't mind it too bad either.
While I don't remember every particular I do know that this tree they had to chop into pieces as the whole thing was lying against another tree right in the middle of the trail. It was enormous.

He did his best to avoid me and my little camera. Stinker.
She worked equally hard to avoid all direct eye contact. Even so I'm pretty happy about this picture. It's documentation of her inability to match clothes. One day I will tell her about her fashion choices and she won't believe me. Then I'll show her this. There is a method to my madness.

At the end of our stroll there was a little spot you could go and look at the river. The Boy immediately took to gathering twigs and trying to throw them in.
Eventually they figured out that for a stick to get into the water Dad had to be the one to do the throwing.
The Boy especially thought this was the most hilarious thing ever.

She missed the stick throwing but, in my opinion, had a much better idea.

5 comments:

SuSu said...

Sounds like great fun; although I'm not so sure about the "tick issue"........I'm not so much about that. And Miss Things outfit is right on the money; colors match, she's happy and all is right with the world...it doesn't get better than that!!

Amy said...

I am pretty sure I've seen Miss Things shorts before and I think they look fab!

MaggieMae said...

Sounds like a place me and my family would love! And, isn't the new matching to not match?

Jenna said...

Those are beautiful pictures. That trail is awesome! I wonder if miss thing's shoe issues are like Cyrena's. Sometimes I read what you write about her and I think I could have written it myself about Cyrena. Interesting, what did we do to deserve the madness?

Bug said...

Kimberly, your kids are beautiful!! And Miss thing, looks great... stipes go with stripes, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails