For the past week and a half or so our nieces have been here visiting their granny. It's been fun to spend time with them and get to know them a little better. My kids have loved, loved, having them around to play with. They both are so good with all three of the kids. It's just been fun fun fun.

On Saturday we decided to have a girly party. We started with an afternoon tea (in the evening), then did facials and soaked our feet and painted our toenails and then watch Hairspray (with our hot tamales and popcorn of course!). Needless to say Miss Thing was in heaven.
Here is what our menu looked like. I made these up to go with our place cards so we would each have a little memento of our fun party. 

The sandwiches were all good. Although the favorites were the cucumber as well as the egg sand which.

We couldn't pick favorites of the desserts. They were all good. Even better than they look! All the food was delish! We spent some of Friday and Saturday doing all the preparations. We wrote down everything that worked and didn't for our next Tea Party. Whenever that may be.

I filled up bowls with lemon slices and hot water so we could steam our faces. Even Miss Thing got in on this. You know how grimmy those three-year-old pores can be.
Then came the oatmeal scrub and a strawberry mask. It all smelled lovely! Miss Thing could wait for the "pink" stuff to get on her face so she skipped the scrub. She didn't keep it on very long, in fact she made me wipe it off before the rest of us could get our faces on. We did take a picture of all of us with the masks on but I'll spare you that one. We all look extremely mad, we couldn't move our mouths! We weren't mad though, we all had a great time. So no mad looking pictures!

Then came the foot soaking.

More foot soaking. She was getting annoyed at my picture taking. But it's my party and I'll take pictures if I want to!

Then the nail painting.

Then, finally, the movie watching. It was a late night, needless to say. She slept in the next two mornings. I think she is finally getting caught up on her sleep.

It was great fun! Wish you were there!!
5 comments:
It sounds like great fun.......I wish I was there too!!
Wish I could have joined in too...James would have been in heaven!
I want to have a tea with Granny. Maybe we can have one in SLC? C.
What fun! I miss you so much. Maybe we can get our girls together for some tea some time!
Your little Miss Thing is just the cutest thing. Love the pic of you both soaking feet. She is just the spitting image of you!
Post a Comment