Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rise & Shine

Lately I've been getting into a new habit. The Boy wakes up incredibly early. Some days that is an understatement. I've been trying to get up if not before him then at least at the same time as him. This way he is not left to his own devices to make messes in the kitchen, as he dishes up whatever he can find in the fridge. Be it applesauce or apple butter. If it tastes good and can be eaten with a spoon he will find it and eat it. Then he usually would turn on the TV to watch some toons. We even started anticipating this and would change the TV to his favorite channel before we went to bed at night.

But all of this changed a few weeks ago. My new habit. The first few days I was a little on the tired side. Now I've gotten more more acclimated to my new change. To be honest the hardest part is getting used to waking up to an alarm clock. Sounds weird but I haven't done that for years. It is nice, I will say this, to wake up to a kitchen just how I left it the night before. As opposed to a mess that The Boy has done his best to "clean up" and then destroy the evidences (waded up paper towels on top of the refrigerator). It has also meant that I have some moments alone with my boy. I think that has been my favorite part.

This morning, though, he woke up a little sooner than I think he should have. Since he was a baby he would wake up sometimes like this and he'd move around like a drunken sailor. This morning was such a morning. His eyes aren't totally open and his head sort of bobs a bit. He was up at 6:30 this morning. I got him the milk he requested. And by 7:00 this is what I found.



Perhaps you should have stayed in bed, boy.

I had to get him going so that he could be off to school. He got up to the counter, where he eats his breakfast on school days. Still not ready to be upright, though.

Once all food was in front of him he started moving just a little bit. The breakfast of champions, yogurt and toast.

After more coaxing I got him to get himself dressed. He is starting to be up to his old tricks.

Then we wait a few minutes for the bus to come and off he goes.
So there you have it. An extra special glimpse into my morning.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I am NOT a morning person, but Natalie seems to be an early riser so far. I still refuse to leave my bed before 7!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails