Monday, June 22, 2009

What We're Working On

I have a cherry tree. I have an apricot tree too. Since we've lived in this house we've learned a little bit about fruit trees. Cherry trees are pretty hardy. Apricot trees are not. This year we aren't getting any apricots. We do have cherries though, lots of them.

The cherries are ready for picking so I got outside as soon as I could this morning. It wasn't soon enough. It's getting hot quickly today. In fact this afternoon we will be under a heat advisory. That could make for a long afternoon. Too hot to play outside with kids couped up inside. Fun fun.
While it wasn't much it was a start. And as my mom alwyas said, you have to start somewhere!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh my goodness those look delicious!

Brittani said...

My sister has a cherry tree and we are taking full advantage! We do not have any fruit trees at this house.....yet, we will work on that. I am so missing a garden too, maybe next year. I bet you are loving your fresh goodness this year!

SuSu said...

If I remember correctly last year you had a bumper crop of apricots. The cherries look delightful though; I smell a pie coming.....yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails