So as I said before this week has been busy busy. Playing playing. Going going.
This adventure was to Abilene. We (my mother-in-law and I) wanted to take the kids to ride the train. We packed our picnic and headed on our way. As we were just getting into Abilene we realized that the train doesn't run on Tuesdays, very sad. So no train that day. Miss Thing was especially put out. I had been talking to her all morning about riding the train. She had her heart set, I'm afraid. We still had our picnic and played in the park and rode a carousel and then stopped for ice cream (that gets it's own post) on the way home. Then once we got home we played outside in the water. So as you can see it was still a fun day, even without the train.

She loved, loved the swing. I spent a lot of time just watching her and taking pictures of her in said swing.

She would just hang and kick her feet and wave her arms. She just couldn't get enough. Neither could I.
This slide may very well been the biggest slide I have ever seen in my life. He was undaunted by it. Fortunately his cousins were good enough to take him up not once, not twice but three times (well maybe four, I lost count.) He fears very little in this world. If there is a slide, he must slide down it. Once was enough for Miss Thing, for the record.
I sometimes can't believe how strong he is. Once he, with the help of Granny, got on the little slider thing he held on while she pushed. It doesn't look like it but he was having a blast.
From the look on her face it looks like we were forcing her into this. Quite the contrary. This was maybe the 3rd or 4th go of it. She'd get off and want to do it again and again. It just doesn't look that way from the look on her face. After the picnic and the park we went to Old Abilene which has an old carousel that we were never able to figure out how old it was. I didn't get a picture of The Boy he was farther away from me. Part way through I could see him signing "done!" but he was a trooper and held out until the end. Rides aren't always his thing.
This could be one of my favorite pictures of the day. Mainly because this reminded me of Papa and the cars he used to restore. It was a different kind of car but the smell reminded me of being near (we usually weren't allowed in) his garage where he worked on his cars. Isn't it funny the memories smells bring back to us?We do want to try the train business again another day, just not on a Tuesday.


1 comment:
Wow so much great fun......I miss that!
Post a Comment