Monday, September 15, 2008

Camp Out


Last weekend, for the second weekend in a row, David had yet another camp out to go on. While I definately have a list, that is probably too long, of my least favorite things about being a Scoutmasters Wife one of the things that is towards the top is being home alone. So the kids and I went on one of our own, so to speak. Karen, mom-in-law, invited us to her house for a little sleep over. I packed the kids' suitcases and off we went. We made little mini pizzas, which Ruth loved, and then Granny and the kids crawled in their tent and read books and ate S'mores. William, for some reason we couldn't figure out, didn't want to get the marshmellow goo all over himself so he insisted that Granny feed him the S'more. The kid would be happy rolling around in the mud and splashing through puddles but didn't want marshmellow goo on his hands, go figure! The next day we just lounged and ran errands and then I made some yummy Chili Dogs for us to eat. It was a fun weekend, thanks Mother!

4 comments:

Hummteeda said...

I think that it should be noted that the Scoutmaster does not have any children in scouts. But that he still goes to everything and does all he can so that he can stand before the lord with clean hands and say "I did all I could".
However in any calling in the Church it is the spouce that stays home that sacrifices most. Thank You Berly! :)

Holly said...

Amen to the first comment. I think they should always ask the hubby AND wife before doing any calling. My husband couldn't do his calling without me, and I couldn't do mine without him now that we've got a kid. So you can pat yourself on the back for raising three kids and having 2 callings. (Unless you have more than 2 callings, as is typical sometimes!)

Thanks for your comments to our blog. I'll invite Amy right now. Does she have a blog?

Nicole said...

I totally hear ya sista! Jared was the Scoutmaster in out last ward (not an easy calling for a med student). It was hard when Carter would ask when he got to go camping with Daddy. Hang in there, you will be blessed for your sacrifices, I know I was (even when I did it begrudgingly). I am glad that things are going so well with Mary and that you are doing better too, I think of you often!

Holly said...

Thanks for your comments- did you try the video recently? I couldn't open it two days ago but today it's working fine for me. Strange. I don't know why that's happening. Thanks for telling me. Hope you're doing well! This is so the new email, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails