I am just so floored by this that I had to get some kind of proof. My baby, not even 9 lbs three month old baby, is rolling over! I think that every mother, on some level, thinks their children are above average. When we had William we were told that it would take him longer to do things, which we accepted. When he would reach a milestone along the way it we made such a big deal about it, convinced that he was way above average. We quickly learned that it had nothing to do with him being a genius and everything to do with him not sitting still. When Ruth came along she couldn't be pushed into anything. There was no way she was going to roll over unless there was something in it for her. She was not going to, under any circumstance, just do it because. This resulted in her not rolling over until she was at least 6 months old. I was beginning to think she would never roll over. Once she did I started to think she wouldn't ever sit up until finally she did. Then it was walking...well you get the picture.
And here comes Mary. I'll try not to read too much into this but I can't help but do it...a little. It was my understanding that the 3rd child had to be mellow (which she is). In this house that means she needs to not be all over the place, but what does it say when she is already rolling at 3 months? That is the first step to getting all over the place! I thought the third baby would be content to sit in one place and enjoy the ciaos around her from one vantage point, not be in the middle of it! Am I making too much of this yet?
I suppose a part of me is feeling a twinge of sadness because she is my baby, my last one and she is already rolling. What's next? Lipstick?! The saying goes that "time flies," but does it always have to be a super sonic flight? How about a hot air balloon flight. Those don't go very far, very fast. I think I would much rather that. I guess I need to learn better to sit back and enjoy the (hot air balloon) ride.
7 comments:
Looks like you are in for trouble! lol! I don't think that whole theory you have for the 3rd child is right. As we speak (type, whatever), my 3rd child is trying to reorganize my shoes. First he has to take everything out of the closet, of course! Can't wait to see what she does next! When does she go to the dr. again?
So, just enjoy the ride. Maybe it is time to strap on the running shoes you may have a future running partner on your hands.
My third is the busiest and the most into things...sorry to dissappoint. He is also such a lover and would not be him any other way. What are we to do?? I will go on that ride with you adn try and enjoy too.
Oh my gosh- I don't think you're making too big a deal of that at all! She rolled RIGHT over her arm! That takes some muscle! Mary looks really coordinated and is darn cute to boot.
So fun! I am impressed that you got it on camera... whenever I tried to get my kids to do AnYtHiNg on camera they just plain wouldn't perform! Well, I am still hoping that your theory on the 3rd child is correct, I guess time will only tell for me!
Kimmy,
I love the blog. Your such a great writer just like your mama. Of course she is a genius like Ruthie and William. She is an absolute angel. You look beautiful and seem to be thriving.
It is so wonderful to look into your little world and see the joy that you have in motherhood.
Live it up!
She is just a sweetie!
Post a Comment