Monday, September 15, 2008

The Heart of It


Last week Ruth and I took Mary to another appointment with the cardiologist. I was concerned with how Ruth would be able to handle everything. To put it mildly she doesn't do car rides and the appointment was an hour away. But I armed myself with Smarties and stickers (the cure all) and hoped for the best. Fortunately they both did amazingly well. When Mary was having her Echo done Ruth was quite worried about whatever it was the tech was doing to her sister. So I sat her up on the bed with me, handed over the stickers and she happily covered my arms and leg in stickers while overseeing the procedure. After the doctor looked over her Echo she came and talked to me about her findings. They were very good findings, too. The hole in between the upper two chambers she classified as a "small" (before it was in the small to medium range) and the hole in between the lower two chambers continues to look like her little body working away at closing that on its own. After the first visit she (Dr.) indicated that we would probably have to come and see her about every three months or so, but after reviewing her Echo she told us we wouldn't have to come back for another six months. I was completely thrilled with it all so to celebrate the girls and I went to Sonic and then did some shopping at Target!

2 comments:

Holly said...

That's great news! She's the most adorable little peanut! Glad the little peanut checked out okay. What a relief.

Cristi said...

We celebrate by shopping at Target, too. In fact, I try to find any excuse I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails