Last night I called my sister, Amy, to wish her the happiest of birthdays. As is customary towards the end of our conversation one of us said, "Well I should let you go..." which leads us into a slew of last-minute-quick-stories to really end the conversation. One such story was "Evelyn picked out something beautiful for me." Then Evelyn gets on the phone and our conversation went something like this:
Me: What did you get your mom for her birthday?
Evie: Earrings.
Me: What do they look like?
Evie: They have diamonds.
Me: Wow! Where did you get them?
Evie: Target.
(Now this isn't too surprising. A love affair with Target is something, in our family, that is passed down from generation to generation. Some people pass down things like dishes, recipes or dresses, we pass down Target. It began with my mom and as is right and good Amy is passing it on to her daughter.)
Me: Oh you love Target. What is your favorite thing about Target?
Evie: They have umbrellas there.
At this point I was giggling so much that I did not get to hear what else Target offered besides earrings and umbrellas. Well, Amy I hope you enjoy your diamond earrings and that Evelyn gets her umbrella! Happy Birthday Sis!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Earrings and Umbrellas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome........
Post a Comment