Friday, October 4, 2013

Tolerating

DSC_0541

Our school district does this thing to get the kids out and moving. All preschool, elementary and middle schoolers (not sure if the High School is cool enough) have gotten out and walked a mile during school. Parents are invited to come and walk with the kids. So, seeing as we’re big into walks lately, we went.

Here is what I’ve learned: in social situations my kids tolerate me. That’s right tolerate.

Here’s my proof. When we went to walk with LM she held our hands, for the most part, and sort of gave us a smile. When the walking was done and the kids had to line up she didn’t even hesitate. Didn’t even say goodbye. Didn’t even acknowledge, from that point forward, that we were in the room let alone existed. Like I said she tolerated us.

The big kids were excited to see us. Were they were happy we were there? Yes. Would they walk with us? No. They were totally fine, though, with us walking behind them.

I’m pretty ok with them tolerating me in public. And I’m pretty confident that they do indeed like me. But I’m also pretty confident if they threw crying fits whenever they saw me and had to hang on me no matter where we were or what we were doing it would stress me out.

I’m good with tolerating.

2 comments:

Toni Marie said...

we did our walk yesterday and Angie wanted me at first and wouldn't let anyone else hold my hand..then she was done and i was busy corralling other kids and sharing hands with them while she walked waay in from of me. it was kind of a mixed bag.

Amy said...

Oh man... I love them & you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails