Thursday, October 3, 2013

I’m A Princess

DSC_0208

One of the things I love as a mother is watching their personalities develop. I love to see them develop likes and dislike. Granted I don’t always appreciate the dislikes but I love that they are developing that sense of self. I love to see those traits come out that are hardwired into them, that weren’t taught, that are just part of who they are.

DSC_0223

Recently LM has come to the realization that she’s a princess. If I put a nightgown or fancy dress on her she’ll say, “I’m a princess.” Then she goes in search of a crown. The first time she did it I couldn’t stop laughing. I quickly realized that it wasn’t to be a one time occurrence. She has since added to the princess demands. Something that can be hilarious and frustrating to me at the same time.

DSC_0209

As a baby/toddler any time I would try to put a puffy, frilly dress on her she would twist and fight until I gave up. Now she welcomes some clothes. But it’s not just the clothes. Just this morning as I did her hair the two buns were not enough. She kept saying, “hair! hair” Meaning: give me a masterpiece. When I pulled out a crocheted headband that did the trick (thank you, Amy!) and she was able to move on.

DSC_0222

My baby is growing up. And turning into a princess.

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Love her! And if she is a princess you must be a queen! Queen of the most royal!! Indeed!!!

Amy said...

I love it! Glad I could help. I'm pretty sure I have a crown pattern pinned... :)

Michelle said...

She's adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails