Dear Boy,
Today is your birthday. You’ve been reminding me for a whole week that you’ll be turning 9. This morning when I found you sitting on your bed reading books and I said “Happy Birthday, Boy!” your response was, “9.” Yes, you are nine. I feel like it’s taken me a whole year to get used to you being 8 and now you’re 9! It may take me longer than just a year to get used to this. Just sayin’.
Last night I laid awake thinking about the nine-year-old you. Almost daily you’ll say, “No, school!” and yet you’re almost always excited to get out of the car on school days. You look after your sisters so much it gets you in trouble. You focus so much on them that you forget, sometimes, to make sure you’re doing what you’re supposed to. We’re working on it. All of us. You’ll sit in your room for a whole afternoon trying to get out of putting your laundry away. Then when you’ve finally done it you bring down your empty laundry basket in a big “ta-da” acting like we haven’t been arguing over it for the past three hours. You love the give kisses. Especially to me. Your preferred place is smack dab on the lips. Although you do settle for the cheek, or the hand. You really are the charmer. You’ll get down on one need with one hand extended waiting for a lucky lady’s hand then you’ll smooch it then whisk her into a dance. Whether or not there is music. Quite the charmer. You love when the ending credits play on any movie. You get up and shake it and dance your little heart out. This past Saturday you went to your first basketball practice for the Pacesetters. You were in heaven, of course. Your dad was amazed watching you dribble and shoot. You have mad basketball skills.
The nine-year-old you is pretty amazing. As your mom, though, I realize I might be a little biased. I kind of think you’re amazing at any age.
Happy Birthday Boy!
XOXOXO,
Mama
3 comments:
aww..happy birthday William!
Sending many happy birthday wishes to one very amazing boy!!
He is amazing and I'm so happy to know him!
Post a Comment