We had such a fabulous weekend!
The walk was wonderful. I was better prepared this year so I felt like I could enjoy it so much more. Much less overwhelming than it was last year.
Although it was cold. Seriously cold. David kept telling me that it wasn’t freezing. To that I say, “Whatever!” With the wind and the cold I was freezing. I don’t care what the temperature said.
Aside from that everything else was a lot of fun. The blow up toys, of course, were a huge hit. There was one, in particular, that The Boy could have spent the day at.
You went around in a circle and hit a baseball, threw a football, kicked a soccer ball, threw a frisbee, or shot a basketball at it. Not sure how many times he circled that thing. I will say this, though, he was really good at standing in line!
We found this to be a good fit for these two. MT is sitting on my mom’s lap keeping her warm. And MT is playing with my mom’s iPhone keeping her happy. It was a win-win.
She loved going down these slides. But the stairs leading up to them is usually a bit of a struggle.
Then at one slide she decided she didn’t want to go down. So she sat there. For about 5 minutes until someone helped her down.
We found cupcakes.
More bouncy things.
Then we headed back to our tent to eat. They did things different this year so there was no line for the food. It was awesome. We actually had time to eat!
I had this idea to hang pictures on our canopy. I sent a bunch to my mom who then printed and laminated them for me. Of course I questioned my idea when we had so many to hang. Then again when my fingers felt like they were going to fall off during all the hanging. But it really turned out amazing. We got lots of comments on it. One person even asked to take a picture of it to use the idea for next year. What can I say? I have good ideas.
I made a new banner this year and we had everyone sign it.
Then we hung out for a while. And ate some more.
The Boy had procured a football at some point during the day so he spent his time playing catch with his fans.
Lining up, waiting for the walk!
This Boy loves his SuSu. F.Y.I.
Here we go!
We had more friends join us this year. I was so happy they came and braved the cold!
We had gotten a bowl of candy for our table. She filled her pockets before the walk portion and had enough candy to last her the whole way around. Which is code for she was happy the whole time.
The teachers also braved the cold. Love them.
And now for LM. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.
I think next year we’ll bring the wagon.
Towards the end of the walk there was some live music so the boy insisted on a dance with each of the teachers. Such a charmer!
It really was a great day.
Like last year I learned a lot this time around. Things I can do to help me prepare.
This is what I’ll need for next year:
- Bring my own stove to make my own hot chocolate
- Get a propane heater
- Bring the wagon
- Wear warmer clothes
- Bring hand warmers for my team
- More seats
- Have a few more snacks at our tent
- Attach our banner to poles to carry during the walking portion
A HUGE thank you to those who came and to those who donated. The total amount we raised was $1369. Amazing! I continue to be blown away at the generous nature of our friends and family. So THANK YOU!
4 comments:
It was indeed a grand time; despite the cold. Our hearts were warmed by the spirit of the event!!
Looks like fun! Wish I could have been there. C.
Oh my word what fun! I love the pictures of LM as she was falling asleep. lol!
looks like you had a great weekend! I hope we can go next year!
Post a Comment