I’ve been spending a lot of time this month turning this
into this
And turning these
into this
There is something so gratifying about turning fruits into something that will last for your family. And, let’s face it, not too many things sound better than that “pop” of a lid when you’re canning.
I ended up with jars and jars of apple butter, apple sauce, apples, apple jelly, and apple jelly that didn’t gel syrup. As well as frozen apples, bags of mashed bananas, sliced bananas and whole bananas. All kinds of ready to throw into bread, like this I made yesterday, or pancakes or muffins. The possibilities are really endless.
It all reminds me of a song I learned in elementary school
“I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas”
Sung different ways using different vowel sounds. Very educational. Vowel sounds, important stuff.
Don’t you know that song?
Anyone?
It’s a great song, you’re missing out if you don’t.
And thus ends my post on apples and bananas.
2 comments:
I like to eat, eat, eat epples and benenenes.
the link to that bead looks yummy! does it taste very banana-y? it doesn't look like banana bread..
Post a Comment