Saturday, October 15, 2011

21 For The Boy

Twenty-one things all about this Boy.

DSC_0825

1. His room is always clean. Nothing, I mean nothing, stays on the floor. Although his bed is usually unmade.

2. He empties the dishwasher

3. Loves to put on a show when I drop him off at school. Goodbye’s and kisses for the Little Miss and I. Back and forth we go until I kick him out of the car.

4. Any ball that comes into this house he automatically assumes ownership (f.y.i. Aunt Cherie)

5. He loves to play basketball. And almost everyday after school he asks to play.

DSC_0966

6. Does not like to get rained on. Or walk in puddles.

7. Loves to go swimming

8. Thinks is dad is It. With a capitol “I.”

DSC_0124

9. I think he likes me too.

10. Frequently asks about his grandparents. The ones near.

DSC_0241

And far.

DSC_0887_01

11. Gets a glass of ice water for himself about 24 times a day. On the weekends, or any time he has been home all day for more than one day, we frequently run out of ice.

12. When he has something to show you he’ll often request you close your eyes so he can present you with a huge “ta-da.” Presentation is key.

13. Loves parades in all their forms.

DSC_0131

But doesn’t always love the loud noises that come with.

14. Everyday at school he walks his sister to her class in the morning and goes and gets her in the afternoon.

DSC_0011

15. Goes and gets the dog out of his kennel, in the basement, and lets him outside. And sometimes takes that opportunity to get some fresh air. No matter his attire.

DSC_0667

16. Loves the monkey bars. Loves that he can make it all the way across, too.

17. Will frequently, somehow, end up in mom and dads bed. And make himself at home.

DSC_0107

18. Loves his aids at school. Dearly. In fact some days I consider sending him to live with them. He’s so much better behaved with them.

19. I frequently find him teaching Little Miss something. Sometimes it’s his method of dishwasher emptying. Other times it’s words or signs. Whatever it turns my heart into a puddle on the floor.

DSC_0704

20. His favorite color is orange. Stay tuned for his latest orange accessory.

21. He frequently closes doors. Whether or not people are done with the room that these doors lead to. All doors. Except one. The bathroom. When he’s in it.

For 21 more things click here.

4 comments:

SuSu said...

Simple love those 21 and more things about the Boy!

Amy said...

That's awesome! Some I knew, a few I didn't. I'd like to add that he likes his showers barely warm enough to be called a shower... more like a rain shower which he doesn't like. Odd to me...

Kristin said...

Hahaha - great list. Love his love of ice :)

heidi and tom said...

That last picture made me cry. Like tears falling on my face. I love the way you write.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails