Friday, October 28, 2011

Parent Teacher Conferences

Wednesday was Parent Teacher Conference Day. My favorite time of year. Well, one of them.

Not sure if you knew that.

I'm happy to say that they were all glowing. Or maybe I was glowing after them. I so like to hear that my children do save some of their most colorful moods only for me.

Little Miss is doing swimmingly. Her latest evaluations are showing much of what we know. She's pretty much a rock star. A rock star who has a bit of a stubborn flare. Shocking, I know. They've quickly found that when she has something in her mind it doesn't matter how many times they redirect her. Even so her teacher loves how independent she is.

Miss Thing's conference was next. I was most interested in hers. I talk to the other two's teachers so often but not as much to hers. I suppose is a good thing. I wasn't surprised to hear that to her teacher, and when she's asked to speak in front of the class, she has a mumbling problem. But when she's with her peers in the learning labs and on the playground she's all kinds of loud. In talking with her teaching we think that she's very reluctant to answer questions, or speak up, unless she's quite sure she'll be right. Her numbers and letters have improved since the school year began. The good news is she is right where she should be. My favorite part of the conference was seeing some of her work. The assignment was to draw a picture about their favorite season, then write a sentence about it. She drew a lovely picture of herself outside. In. The. Snow. That's right folks. Her favorite season is winter. Who is this child? Her sentence, which she wrote completely on her own, read "Im plng n the sow." When the teacher told me that she came up with and wrote the sentence without help to say I was pleased was an understatement. The girl is a genius!

On that high we headed off to the final conference. The Boy is a favorite with his teacher. At least that's what I tell myself. He has an A in social studies and an A in science. What do you know? His first A's. Right here in second grade. He is doing well with letters and reading. Math and numbers continue to be his weakest point. Even so he is moving forward and that is the thing I love to hear.

Did you have as much fun with that as I did?

My kids are geniuses.

DSC_0106

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome! Not much else to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails