Friday, August 28, 2009

School Girl

With all this talk of school. This week I took Miss Thing to the Parents As Teachers preschool/playgroup. Where parents are encouraged to drop their kids off and go. It's one day a week, and only for an hour and a half. I've been looking forward to being able to take her. Although I was somewhat nervous about how she would fare. When I think she is going to cooperate she has a tendency of doing just the opposite.

Her latest famous phrase: "Wait! Wait! Don't leave me!" Said with so much desperation in her voice that you think she was once left stranded at a gas station for 3 hours. She says it as I'm about to leave a room, the house, an aisle at the grocery store. It doesn't matter where I'm going, really. It's because of this that I wasn't sure how she would handle me actually leaving her. I talked to her about going to "her" school and that I would be leaving. To give her time to prepare.

I dropped her off. Walked away and there was no screaming, crying. Not a single plea to "don't leave me!" Then I had one and a half glorious hours to spend at the grocery store. Of course with only one child, one that doesn't walk or talk back no less, it took me no time at all. So we came home and hung out until it was time to go and pick her up.

When I did go and get her she was happy to see me but probably said a total of 5 words the whole time I was gone. I'm hoping taking her there will get her out of her shell a little bit and she'll start talking more amongst those she is less familiar with. And stop making a liar out of me when I tell people that at home I can hardly keep her quiet.

Everyday she asks if she gets to go to her school, so I'm taking that as a good sign. We live within walking distance so, if the weather is nice, we make walk there on Monday and then Little Miss and I can walk to the park and read or take pictures or just sit in glorious silence, relatively.

Close up of the new shoes. Shoes are very important to us.

3 comments:

Amy said...

She's such a funny girl, my psycho...

SuSu said...

I miss her so.........

Erin said...

Shopping with just one is oh so nice. Love the cute pink shoes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails