Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Current Unfinished Project at Our House

Many bedtimes ago, more than I care to divulge, we started working on our bathroom. When we started it looked like this


And this
Until finally we were able to look it like this


And even this


And that is how it stayed. For some time. We got busy. Went on trips and the bathroom project just kept getting pushed farther and farther down the list. Until David when to Washington and I decided I was just going to finish it. After I got kids to bed I would just paint and be done with it by the time he came home. The first night I painted the entire bottom half. I was quite pleased with myself and envisioned what I would get done each of the following nights. That is until the next day when I dropped my marble (a.k.a. very very heavy) rolling pin on my foot. It was extremely unpleasant. So by the time I got kids to bed I couldn't do too much standing, let alone climbing up and down a ladder to paint walls. Thus squashing my painting plans.
Finally last week David had a few, rare, free nights where he could work on the bathroom. It took him no time at all, of course. Once we declared the painting done I went to work putting everything back together.

The "unfinished" part is this thing right here. There was a little shelf (not pictured) that had tile, some of which was starting to break. In all the sanding I got crazy and started pulling up the tile. I still need to sand it down and repaint. Not sure when I'll get to that.

It's so nice and clean, I wonder why we didn't do this sooner.

I added a hook for the kids to hang a towel on making washing/drying much easier for them.
The second half of the "unfinished" part is our towel rack. It was shiny/silvery but I decided to spray paint it white. I thought it would "flow" better. I finished spraying it yesterday so it's now just waiting to be hung.
Even with the things left to be done, now that the painting is done and my shower is put back together this is an "unfinished" bathroom I can live with!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love the color of the paint! It looks great!

Amy said...

Looks like a whole new room! Great job. Love the color.

SuSu said...

Love the color too! Looks great and I'm sure was worth the wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails