Monday, August 10, 2009

The Best Chocolate Cake I Ever Ate

I have a little more to say on our little trip to Salt Lake. That trip we've been home a week from. Let's just say that this weekend ended up being a little strange and absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, got done that was supposed to have gotten done (more on that later).
Even so I couldn't not mention this deliciousness. After we dropped Brandon off at the MTC we went to the BYU Bookstore. It was so strange to be back there with my little family. It was nice to see some things hadn't changed but fun to see the things that had. We got a few things at the bookstore, which I felt was a hefty enough donation so we'll see if the Alumni Center stops sending me those envelopes. We'll see. After that we went in search of a place to eat. We drove all the way to Orem (Center Street, Orem) to find that the place we thought we were going to eat at was closed. So then we drove back to Provo (Center Street mind you, for those who know Provo) to another restaurant to find, yet again, not open. We walked down the street and found another Italian restaurant, Gloria's (attempt #2, also Italian). Given my children's melt down state I felt strongly that if we got them back in a car someone else was driving them! So we stayed there.
The atmosphere and the food was amazing. What's better was they had lost of their desserts at the counter on display and they all looked out of this world. After seeing that most of us felt we had to save room. I ordered a Chocolate Cannoli. It was rich and fabulous. The cannoli shell was dipped in chocolate, can you go wrong with being dipped in chocolate? It was Spencer that ordered the chocolate cake. When it came I was near speechless. We all stared in awe. I started snapping pictures. Then some of us needed to try some of the chocolate swirls. Melt in your mouth that's all I can say. Fortunately, for me, his mother taught him out to share. My first bite was heaven. I think my exact words were, "oh my word."

Behold.

Somehow it needed up in front of me. After taking a number (I lost count) I had to give it back for fear I would eat the whole thing!


As an honorable mention. This is David's cannoli, which has only left him wanting more. Cannoli's, by the way, are not easy to find.

I just needed one more look. Oh how I miss you, chocolate cake.

2 comments:

SuSu said...

That looks like Heaven on earth! And from the sounds of things tasted like it too!! YUM!

Erin said...

I need some chocolate cake like that about now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails