I've known that this was coming but it still feels like all of the sudden we are at our year mark. My baby turns one tomorrow. Our lives changed a year ago tomorrow.
Right after the birth of that adorable-too-cute-for-words little girl things took an unexpected turn. More me, less her. Because of that turn we took a leap of faith. I quit my job and entered the realm of stay-at-home-mommy-hood. The me one-year-ago could not fathom how things were going to work out. And yet here I am, one year later.
I will say this. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. We've had good days and bad. Sometimes more good days, sometimes more bad. Some days I feel I have a handle on things. Most days I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. Even with all the bad days I am grateful for everyone of them.
Since being home I've been able to focus more on just that, home. I've found talents I forgot I had. I've been able to cook and bake and sew to my hearts content (well not quite) and I actually really like it. All of it. I've reconnected with friends and family. Most of all I think I have been able to reconnect with myself.
Then there's my yahoo's. My crazy, hilarious, tiring, rambunctious, loud and loving children. To watch them grow. See them discover new things. It's amazing. They aren't perfect. And if they could tell you they would tell you that I'm not perfect either. We're still trying to find balance. Sometimes they give me headaches. But I'm not so sure I would change any of it.
I'm not sure what this time of year will bring to me every year. I wonder if the memories of one year ago will start to fade. I can't imagine what that would be like. But there is a lot I couldn't imagine one year ago.
By-the-way here I am. One year ago today. In case you're wondering I was really uncomfortable.

3 comments:
I'm proud of you. It is hard to wrap my mind around 365 days, aka a year! Time is a funny thing to me and something I should probably learn to appreciate and understand better. Because it does march on and many times it does it without me even noticing!!
Well you were definitely all belly weren't you?! I will never forget hearing about the trauma of a year ago. I was with Lynette when she heard the news about you and I got on my knees that night and prayed so hard for you! I'm so glad things have turned out just as they should have! And I'm glad you're happy being at home with your kiddos.
Sorry let me correct that...I was at my mom's when Lynette called to tell us what was going on...I wasn't actually with her. ;) I got confused.
Post a Comment