Last week David spent the week at our nations capitol. It was kind of a last minute thing. We only found out a week and half before he left that he was going. When I told my mom where he was going she wondered if he was going to "straighten out our government." He did get to visit the pentagon, so I'm quite certain that is just what he did.
While he was going for work. And did spend every day, all day, in classes of some sort or another. I still made him take the camera. And then gave him the speech that with that camera he was supposed to take pictures. I even wanted pictures of the fancy food he ate. "How else are you going to share your trip with me?" That is what I kept telling him. He reluctantly agreed.
There was only one evening that he was able to get out and act like a tourist. One evening he went to a Greek restaurant. (And did not take the camera, and therefore did not take a picture of his food. Although when he got his food he thought that I would have like to have a picture of his food, but there is no picture of said food. He still wants credit for thinking it though.) Another night they visited the pentagon and were told no cameras, even though he saw people there taking pictures.
These are of that one evening, the tourist evening.
There's my handsome man. I love this picture. And I'm so glad he thought to hand the camera off to someone else to take a picture of him in front of something.
I visited this area right after 8th grade, so it was fun to see some of the things I saw then. Although there is a lot new in the three years since I've been there. I don't remember everything from my trip, we were constantly going from one place to the next. I remember visiting the Washington Monument and learning that it is two-toned. Because it was started but then they had to stop. I don't remember the reasons why they stopped but it was a little while before it was started up again. So it's two-toned. You learn something new everyday!

You can really tell in this one, the two different colored bricks. I'm not sure if they are actually different colored bricks or the ones on the bottom have just been more weathered so they are a different color. I'm sure I learned it once.
There were lots of softball games and such being played on all the fields, so there were people people everywhere.

This is the World War II memorial. Each smaller monument is for each of the states.

Of course we got a close up of Kansas. He knows where his priorities lie.
This is the Korean War Memorial. I'm highly impressed with his picture taking skills on this one. With the sunset and all the statues. Nice work, hun!

And last, but certainly not least is this beauty. Across from the hotel he stayed at was a Sushi Bar. After his small introduction to sushi on the way down to Branson he thought he needed to try this place. After he went he called me and went on and on about how good it was. My question, of course, was "did you get a picture?" He didn't, after my speech about picture taking he took no pictures of the sushi. A couple of days later he went back for lunch. And feeling weird about taking pictures of his food he still did it. That is love. True love.
2 comments:
Good job David. Can't wait to have some sushi with you!!!!
What an awesome place to go on a business trip. Dave and I want to take our family on vacation there during the Cherry Blossom Festival one of these years. Wanna come?
Post a Comment