The train takes us to Enterprise and then the switch things around and we go back to Abeline. While we were stopped we got out and looked around. We were going to go and check out the caboose but The Boy wasn't going to have that. I think he was concerned that we were going to miss our ride back. He ran off to get on the train. I walked after him and once I got on I was a little worried as to where he could have gone too. But there he sat in a seat by himself. Just waiting for the rest of us and holding our spots. Such a funny kid he is.
We opted to sit in the "inside car," that had benches and tables and windows and such. Since there were not that many of us and my kids were the only kids (everyone else was in the other car, that just had a canopy on top and picnic benches to sit at) in that car they let us go up and wave at the engineers while they were engineering. Walking on a moving train is not as easy as you might think!
I love when the stars align and everyone is in good humor. It makes for such pleasant moments and sometimes, if the stars stay aligned, pleasant days.
She was, as always, in good humor. Just along for ride!
Every time the whistle blew he would pump his arm up and down and say "choo-choo!" I loved it!

Much of the time this was the look on her face. We kept asking her if she was having fun and she kept saying "yeah." But this was the look on her face. Hmm...

We saw lots of fields of corn and soy beans. It's harder than you might think to get a picture of a field while on a moving train.

We went over a bridge with a trestle on it. It was very fun.

We saw a silo with an American flag painted on it. All the scenery was just beautiful.

After we got back to Abeline they let us climb up and look in the engine, which was kind of neat. Then we had to stop and take pictures on the old stage coach.
I love that there are so many fun things for us to do that are not very far from us.
Another fun summer outing!
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun, our kids would have loved it! I love, love, love the look on Ruth's face... can't wait to see my psycho!!!!!
So much great summer fun! Can't wait to see everyone!!
Post a Comment