Friday, July 3, 2009

A Cupcake Story

A very sad cupcake story.

Given the fact that we had plans of leaving town the day after the birthday festivities I decided that I didn't really want to do a big fancy cake. So cupcakes seemed a good fit. I borrowed my mil cake decorating supplies and thought I would just frost some fancy cupcakes.

What a disaster is all I have to say.

Here's a little story. When I was a teenager I had made some chocolate chip cookies. They were a flop, a total disaster (much like this one). I was highly annoyed and vowed to never make a chocolate chip cookie again. It's not such a good idea to vow not to do something when your 15. When I met David this caused him the slightest bit of concern. That was his favorite cookie. He begged me for months (which is like years in dating/engagement terms right?) to make some. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally for Valentines day, to show my true devotion, I made him a batch. And they were, quite possibly the most beautiful, and good tasting, cookies I have ever seen in my life. I had conquered the chocolate chip cookie.

This story came flooding back to me as I stared at the disaster that were supposed to be fancy cupcakes. I wonder how long I will be able to hold off on the cupcake. I will say this, I will not let the cupcake beat me.

I salvaged them the best I could. As you can see in the background I completely threw out the cupcake for the birthday girl and started over.

In the end they were alright. The kids loved them. Notice the candle is all blown out. The Boy was too fast for my draw, he blew it out before we could finish the birthday song let alone take a picture.
So for now that is the end of this cupcake story.

4 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

I love your cupcakes:)

SuSu said...

What happened??? They look good to me!

Amy said...

I must have missed something. Is there more to the story? They don't look bad at all.

Rachel said...

They're cute! But I can relate... I have had too many sad food stories to tell. This rookie homemaker business is tough!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails