This past weekend we woke up Saturday, after having a nice and sunny capri wearing Friday, with sadness. It was overcast and windy and just sad. We took our chances and went on a drive with Granny to get us out of the house for a picnic at the park. The kids couldn't care less about the weather, wish I could have that attitude!
They made my climb in the tubes and slides with them. Turns out I don't fit quite as good as I used to.
I was so excited to get on this with him and spin, that made him nervous. But when it was his idea and him making things move he was all over it.
She was a little tired, and with the wind and chill this was her preferred places to hang out at the park.
Sunday was even worse with severe everything warnings and watches. The rain was really coming down in the afternoon and Miss Thing kept asking to go outside. I wasn't about to go out there with her, but she kept at it. Finally I told her to go and ask her dad. He saw nothing wrong with it and immediately complied. When she went out there, with the rain pouring down and the huge grin I ran to get the camera. We had to force William out, seeing as he still was trying extremely hard to wake up from a nap (we call it his "drunken sailor walk"). Finally, with the help of dad, he went out. That definitely cured him of not being able to wake up. Once they were done, and dad had deemed we had enough "blog material", they were soaking wet and both ran into their rooms to change their close. It's amazing how fast they can do something when it's their idea...
The next day my parents called as they were getting reports of bad weather in the Midwest. When ever they hear the "T" word (tornado) they start to have waves of panic. They prefer their own natural disaster of earthquake over those "T" things. I assured them that we just had lots of thunder, lots of lightening and lots of rain. We were fine. Later, after surveying my house a bit, I had to correct my previous statement. As it looked like a nasty tornado had gone through my kitchen, with a little damage in the living/dining room. Where is my disaster relief?

Sheer delight. I'm still trying to figure out this love affair they have with water.
Notice the shoes on backwards. She so badly wants to be the big girl wearing the big girl shoes.
Notice the shoes on backwards. She so badly wants to be the big girl wearing the big girl shoes.
Everything has to be his idea.
I was not so willing to purposefully get myself soaking wet.
Needless to say I'm ready for some nice weather!
1 comment:
It looks like great fun to me!!
Post a Comment