The Boy has quirks. Serious quirks. I've known this for some time. Still when I see the evidence of these little quirks it makes me laugh. Every time.
Let me share some examples. His teachers tell me he is obsessed with cleanliness at school. Always washing his hands. At home if he spills something while eating we basically have to stop everything and get that boy a napkin so he can "clean" up the mess.
The kids love grapes. Would probably live off of them. I usually pick them up whenever I go to the store, like I did yesterday. I rinse them off and put them in a bowl in the fridge so they can help themselves to a few grapes when the needs arise. The morning after I do this, this is almost always what I find.
You see he wakes up long before the rest of the world is ready to stir. He always seems to make his way to the fridge. Upon finding a bowl full of grapes he gets to work taking every single one off of the stem. After all it is so much easier to grab a few grapes and go when you don't have to deal with pesky stems.
The latest quirk discovery is still a little baffling to me. Last Saturday as part of our outing with Granny we stopped at Russel Stover's to see if there was a treat that we needed. We walked all through the store constantly trying to get The Boy and Miss Thing to "stay with us," "stop touching," "hands down!" As we were winding down our little candy trip we ended up back towards the front of the store. That's when he found them. The Pez dispensers. To say he was mesmerized is somewhat of an understatement. Many of them were of characters from his favorite movies. He would pick a few up, then put them down, then pick some other ones up. On and on it went. Then Granny dropped the bomb on him. He could pick one to have. If we could have read his thoughts I'm sure they would have said something along the lines of "One? Only one?!" So there he stood vacillating for at least 5 straight minutes. He had met his match. Something he just couldn't do, pick just one. He would find one, then put it down and pick up another. We had to finally force him along. We went to one checkout counter and a brand new display case full of Pez dispensers awaited us. More decisions! Then we were ushered to another aisle to checkout and yet another display case found us there. In the end I had to pick one for him, I think we might have still been there had I not.
Let me share some examples. His teachers tell me he is obsessed with cleanliness at school. Always washing his hands. At home if he spills something while eating we basically have to stop everything and get that boy a napkin so he can "clean" up the mess.
The kids love grapes. Would probably live off of them. I usually pick them up whenever I go to the store, like I did yesterday. I rinse them off and put them in a bowl in the fridge so they can help themselves to a few grapes when the needs arise. The morning after I do this, this is almost always what I find.
You see he wakes up long before the rest of the world is ready to stir. He always seems to make his way to the fridge. Upon finding a bowl full of grapes he gets to work taking every single one off of the stem. After all it is so much easier to grab a few grapes and go when you don't have to deal with pesky stems.The latest quirk discovery is still a little baffling to me. Last Saturday as part of our outing with Granny we stopped at Russel Stover's to see if there was a treat that we needed. We walked all through the store constantly trying to get The Boy and Miss Thing to "stay with us," "stop touching," "hands down!" As we were winding down our little candy trip we ended up back towards the front of the store. That's when he found them. The Pez dispensers. To say he was mesmerized is somewhat of an understatement. Many of them were of characters from his favorite movies. He would pick a few up, then put them down, then pick some other ones up. On and on it went. Then Granny dropped the bomb on him. He could pick one to have. If we could have read his thoughts I'm sure they would have said something along the lines of "One? Only one?!" So there he stood vacillating for at least 5 straight minutes. He had met his match. Something he just couldn't do, pick just one. He would find one, then put it down and pick up another. We had to finally force him along. We went to one checkout counter and a brand new display case full of Pez dispensers awaited us. More decisions! Then we were ushered to another aisle to checkout and yet another display case found us there. In the end I had to pick one for him, I think we might have still been there had I not.

Of all the times to be without my camera. And it was even in the car! I couldn't stop laughing when I got this picture. After we left we were wondering why in the world we didn't introduce the Pez first, we could have had some nice quiet candy shopping. He wouldn't have moved, and wouldn't have known that we weren't standing there with him!

The proud owner!
5 comments:
He is growing up and each day his wonderful personality is coming through........love it!
He is so adorable. I love all his quirks, kids crack me up!
Yep, whoever invented Pez is one smart cookie. That is GREAT how he latched on to them like that! You've got some serious leverage now :)
He's adorable! I love the quirkiness of kids. Some days those are the things that keep me going.
that is really cute!!! he met his match! love it!
Post a Comment