Saturday, April 4, 2009

In My Kitchen

I just had to share a few things that are in my kitchen right now.
Some friends of ours raise chickens and gave us some of their eggs.
Aren't they incredible??
They're so pretty I'm afraid to use them. I've been trying to figure something special I can use them for. It seems lame to waste them on Bisquick Pancakes, or something.I've been baking up a storm this week. I do that sometimes. Yesterday I decided I had wanted to make bagels. I had a bagel recipe and three times did no charm for me. They just wouldn't mix up how the recipe said they were supposed to. It was a disaster. So with a new recipe in hand I headed to the kitchen this morning. Oh the beauty!And they were quite fun to make and taste just as good as they look. I think I'll tweak a few things the next time I make them. I love that I can put another baked good under my belt!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Love the eggs and really love the bagels. Very impressvive, very yummy looking!

Jenna said...

Those look TASTY! Maybe you could, um, I don't know, post the recipe?? I want to give it a try!

Erin said...

When I was a little girl, I gathered hundreds of eggs just like those. My mom used to poke a hole in both ends of the egg with a bigger needle and then blow the insides out. She sat them in a basket in the kitchen for decoration. And don't you think fresh eggs just taste better? I LOVE bagels and I haven't found a good recipe yet. You've got to post it. Those look awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails