Sunday, October 12, 2008
One Of Those Days...
The kind where you look forward to it all week and it turns out to be just as wonderful as you imagined it to be. I love days like today. Church was wonderful, exactly the kind of boost I needed to carry on. After church everyone (but mom, and I'm okay with that) took naps. Then we went to a Down syndrome support group meeting. We went to one a couple of years ago but have been quite remiss in going to them since then. After Little Miss was born I decided to renew my efforts and become more involved. I have even offered to start a blog for the group! Since joining the blogging world I have been able to "blog-meet" so many interesting people as well as find some wonderful old friends (way before blogging days, before even college days for that matter). I decided that to better get to know each other and provide "support" we needed to have more contact with each other, what better way than through a blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know families in similar situations than my own. I will say that we got a couple of "wow" looks when people realized that I have two children with Down syndrome. While I know there are many other families that do as well I'm coming to understand more and more that this is not common. But I have come to be okay with the "not common," because this is my life. The most important thing I can remember from that is that it is a life, one that I am striving to be more grateful for. And as my mom would say, "It's a Wonderful Life!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love those kind of wonderful Sundays or any day for that matter; it always gives me such a boost. Great blog on a great day.
Hi Kim, I was happy to see your comment on my blog! I agree - blogging is a great way to reconnect! What an inspiring post about the challenges you face; I am sure you just the kind of wonderful mother that your kids deserve - they are darling!! And kudos on the canning - I have always wanted to can, so I'm impressed!!
Post a Comment