I think I used the term "Hog Heaven" in reference to William as he ran and ran and ran. He picked up sticks and swung them around like a bat, he found a ball that he would throw and then run and go and pick it. This is a little trick he uses to get away from us. He'll throw the ball run and get it and then throw it further away from us. Seeing as I was not dumped off the truck yesterday we usually catch on and have to reign him in, which he does begrudgingly. Ruth didn't mind the running either but not near as much as William.
That night both of them were so wound up I thought they would never settle down. I don't know what time Ruth finally fell asleep, I'm pretty sure I was already asleep. In the morning she was so upset when she woke up. Her first words were "Out?" "No, Ruth we're not going out."
"Shoes?" "No, you don't need your shoes." And then in her smallest most pleading voice she said, "Bubye." Eventually she woke up enough and accepted our temporary living arraignment. After we made breakfast and announced that we were going to clean up and go home she got in the car and stayed there for the 20 minutes or so it took us to pack everything up. Much to David's dismay I think we may be raising a "non-camper." She, like me, would much prefer her own home, with her own bed, and her own things in their rightful place.
But we all survived and I patted myself on the back a few times for taking three kids camping, a feat those with more children would probably laugh at but nevertheless I was proud of myself. I was exhausted, of course, by the time we got home and a little dazed that David willingly chooses to do this once a month. That's dedication! Once we got all unloaded and things somewhat put back to normal David announced "Now that's blog worthy!" Yes dear, it certainly was.
1 comment:
Love it when the hubby and kids are all properly blog-trained. LOL! Sounds like a successful outing. I like to have the hubby just do Father's and Son's, and leave me and the girls home for a little GNO! My dad was always the Explorer leader and I did more camping as a kid than I ever needed, and really...it wasn't all that much.
Thanks for stopping by my blog for 31 for 21!
Post a Comment