Sunday, October 19, 2008

"The Dress"

I had planned to take an easy blogging day with a "quick thought" post. I realized, though, that I had put Little Miss in a dress for church that is a little old. Let me explain. My darling mother, like me, doesn't like to throw things away. For this I'm grateful. She kept this little dress of mine and when I had Miss Thing she gave it to me. I don't think there was anything significant to "the dress", it wasn't made by her or my grandmother, it isn't elaborate by any means. It is just a sweet little dress. I had so much fun putting it in Miss Thing as a tiny baby and I took pictures of her in it as well. Today, when we got home from church things were a little hectic but I put pause on it all so I could snap a few shots of Little Miss. I thought it would be fun to post pictures of both of the girls in "the dress." As I was looking through pictures on my computer I got to thinking, it would be really neat if I could find one of me in it as well. I have a little envelope of pictures sitting at my computer desk and I opened it up and the first photo was of me, as a baby, wearing "the dress." It gives me chills just to think about it. I quickly scanned and got to work on this post. It was my little wow moment for the day. Here is this dress and not only did we all wear it but we all have pictures of it. This is why my mom likes to keep things. I'm not sure wear "the dress" will go to next but I think I'll hang onto it for a while.


4 comments:

SuSu said...

This is why I keep things. You can't have these moments without them. I love it.

Amy said...

So sweet. I love it!

Jenna said...

That is really neat, makes me wish I'd done that with Cyrena since I'm having another girl! What a good looking group of girls!

Rachel said...

How sweet is that! That's a precious group of photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails