Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Fruits of My Labors

This weekend the kids and I are going to be embarking on a mighty big adventure. The list making is underway. I have a list of things to do before I leave. A list of things I need to pack. Lists lists lists.
So it felt only right that I would share a list of our yesterday.

1. Spent a lot of time outside picking cherries (and being eaten by bugs).


2. Had a brief interruption from the cherry picking for some rain. Which I couldn't complain about because it made the cherry picking later in the day not quite such a blazing hot experience.


3. Was squawked at by the birds but found an empty nest.


4. Took 85 pictures of cherries.


 I guess I'm just amazed how things go from this

 To to this, in such a short time.

5. Miss Thing changed her clothes four times (five if you include the change into jammies before bed).

6. Did two loads of kids laundry.

7. Dropped the car off for a little minor repair. Then went back a few minutes later to see how they had "fixed it, sort of." Left it there so it could be fixed right.

8. Made no-knead bread. It. Was. Fabulous.

9. Mighty pleased with the fruits of my labors.


10. Went to bed mighty exhausted.

 

Be mighty

10 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Now what to do with all those cherries? What happened to the car?

SuSu said...

How can we get jam to me.....I can taste it! Yum!

Anonymous said...

My Wife is the best!

Kim said...

Great photos! So yummy! Looks like you had a very productive day~

my family said...

Hi,I just found your blog and just fell in love with your cuties. Beautiful cherry picts

Mel said...

Love the photos. Oh to have warm weather. Expecting snow again today.

Ashley Allred said...

I love the pics as usual! And makes me want to have a cherry tree.

Holly said...

Oh please please please teach me your fancy camera tricks! Remember all those fab sites you sent me? I JUST read about aperature AND figured out how to actually increase or decrease the f-stop. But then I try it and think- I just need Kim to show me. . .
Such pretty pics!

Cristi said...

wow-- gorgeous pics!

Mel said...

Where have you gone? Missing your posts and fab photos :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails